- The workshop will take place during the period of nine weeks (on Tuesday) starting March 15 to May 10 between 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
- The workshop will be given in a computer lab (OSB 211) and will include lectures, direct applications, videos, discussions and testimonials.
- At the end of the workshop, an online final exam and/or project will be administered and certificates will be distributed to participants.
- In order to obtain a certificate, participants must not miss more than one session (unless otherwise conflicting with exams)
- Course fees: $50 or LL75,000. (Fees are just enough to cover costs of the workshop. AUBOC is not aiming to gain profit from the workshop. All guest speakers will be volunteers as well.)
- Because there are limited places, applications will be processed using a first-come-first-serve basis. Therefore we advise you to register as early as possible.
- Payment will be done during the first workshop session. Participants who do not show up to the first session (and fail to inform us about wanting to stay in the workshop) will be automatically be cancelled and replaced with a participant from the waiting list.
- Workshop prerequisites:
- Having an active AUBnet account (must be a registered AUB student or faculty member).
- basic computer knowledge and understanding of the internet.
- good spoken and written English (workshop will be given primarily in English)
|Social Media Etiquette & Ethics|
|2||22-Mar||Introduction to Blogging||OSB 211||TBA|
|3||29-Mar||Web Technologies (basic HTML & Java for social media use)||OSB 211||TBA|
|Cloud Services (Online Applications such as google services)|
|5||12-Apr||Marketing & Branding||OSB 211||TBA|
|Measurement of Social Media|
|6||19-Apr||Social Activism (Current Issues)||OSB 211||TBA|
|7||26-Apr||Social Media Applications||OSB 211||TBA|
|Promoting Personal Talents|
|9||10-May||Final Examination||OSB 211||TBA|
|Certificate Ceremony Tweet-up||TBA|