AUB's Online Collaborative is proud to announce its annual Social Media 101 Workshop for the Spring semester 2012.
- The workshop will take place during the period of 7 weeks (on Wednesday) starting March 28 to May 16 between 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- The workshop will be given in a computer lab (Olayan School of Business - 2nd floor- Lab 206) and will include lectures, direct applications, videos, discussions and testimonials.
- At the end of the workshop, an online final exam and/or project will be administered and certificates will be distributed to participants.
- In order to obtain a certificate, participants must not miss more than one session (unless otherwise conflicting with exams) and must be registered for the whole workshop.
- Course fees: 10$ or LL15,000 per session registered .Or LL 50,000 if your registered for the whole workshop (Fees are just enough to cover costs of the workshop. AUBOC is not aiming to gain profit from the workshop. All guest speakers will be volunteers as well.)
- Because there are limited places, applications will be processed using a first-come-first-serve basis. Therefore we advise you to register as early as possible.
- Payment will be done during the first workshop session. Participants who do not show up to the first session (and fail to inform us about wanting to stay in the workshop) will be automatically be cancelled and replaced with a participant from the waiting list.
- Workshop prerequisites:
- Having an active AUBnet account
- Basic computer knowledge and understanding of the internet.
- good spoken and written English (workshop will be given primarily in English)
|1||March 28||Introduction to social media & Twitter|
|2||April 4||Facebook, Facebook Pages and Linkedin|
|3||April 11||Google Services and Google+|
|4||April 18||Introduction to blogging, microblogging, and content creation|
|5||April 25||Social Media Monitoring and Analytics|
|6||May 2||Usability and Optimizing for the web: Design and HTML|
|7||May 9||Social Media in education and Ethics; Other social networks and applications|
|8||May 16||Final Examination|
Please follow this link to register
If you are new to Social Media but don’t know exactly what it is and how things work, then this workshop was created for you. We are offering an eight-week workshop that covers everything from what social media [really] is, to content creation, to blogging and micro-blogging, to privacy and security guidelines among other things.