The AUBOC seeks to group social media enthusiasts and experienced individuals in the digital media world to help promote proper digital citizenship through making the most of social media in the best ways possible.
- To support and encourage AUB bloggers and users of social media (such as Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, etc..)
- To promote the usage of such tools amongst other AUB students given their current popularity and importance
- To gather the bloggers and users of social media under one organization in order to facilitate common activities and interests.
- To encourage AUB students to start their own blogs and help them get started by teaching them the technical and cultural aspects of social media.
- The re-launching of AUB's National bloggers convention that will bring Lebanese bloggers as well international bloggers residing in Lebanon together.
- AUB and community Tweet-ups
- Several exhibitions featuring prominent famous Lebanese users of digital media (photography, famous blogs, etc...)
- Several workshops on technical issues beginning with introductory presentation about blogging to photography workshops...
- Screening of movies related to social media.
- Providing support for AUB's and Lebanese online community.